Gratitude is one key to happiness. When you are grateful and you recognize this feeling, you will most likely find what makes you happy. It took me a while to realize this, but recently, I’ve started thinking of the things that I am grateful of and things that have made me genuinely happy.
Today and in the past few days, I’ve been feeling a bit under the weather. I had no explanation as to why I behaved a little differently. It could have been because of the female genes (you know that time of the month where women turn into monsters?) or I am just really naturally depressed.
But just because I haven’t been feeling good, I am already dwelling in this emotion. I always try to find happiness in my daily life. It’s a bit hard, especially I don’t feel mentally and emotionally stable right now.
Nonetheless, I found my happiness today, and for that, I am grateful.
Today, I am grateful:
- For Jed, whom I just officially met today. She is so cool and admirable. She laughs and smiles a lot. I was so happy when I finally got to interact with her. I just suddenly realized that she has inspired me and she is the person I want to be.
- For Chelle, who was with me today. She makes me feel comfortable and she actually listens to me. She also gives good advice and motivates me to do things I am usually not confident doing.
- For Kayla, who happens to have the same personality as me. She has been my coffee buddy for almost a month now, and I love it when we go to Starbucks just to talk about things we are both interested in (like gossips haha).
- For Cielo, my little sister from another mother. She makes me laugh every time we talk. She talked to me today, and even though it was only a short conversation, I am thankful that she remembered me today.
- For my mom, who remembered to talk to me today. She lives in another country, and her doing this means a lot to me.
- For my sister, who were always so worried about me. She is definitely the best sister in the world.
- For Andrew, who I always stress out with my sporadic mood changes but is still patient with me. His one-minute call made me happy today. It was short, but I was happy to hear his voice.
- For that kind guy at my favorite congee shop. He is always the one serving me, and he is very nice and humble. I didn’t see him for two weeks, and he told me he went on a vacation. I asked him where he went, and I found out we were from the same hometown! No wonder we connected!
- And lastly, for the congee I ate, the coffee and the winter melon milk tea I drank today. They’re very delicious! :3
After writing the things I am grateful for above, I just realized that people were wrong when they said we don’t need a reason to be happy. Of course we do. We always do. Sometimes we just don’t realize how things make us happy.
Now, what I want you to do is to think of what made you happy today. 🙂